- SBS values people.
- SBS values a Bible foundation for life and ministry.
- SBS values the Inductive Bible Study method.
- SBS values personal discipline.
- SBS values learning in all disciplines.
- SBS values independent thinking.
- SBS values broad reading habits.
"What I learned during SBS is priceless. Although I know one could never know the depths of God, a big door has been opened up for me on the road to knowing God through studying His Word. I have benefited from SBS in my personal life, and in ministry." Julie from Washington
SBS is Unique
Studying the Bible in it's entirety makes this course unique and is one reason why people come to the school. You will find many places that study portions of the Bible but SBS takes a student through the whole text of the Bible using the Inductive approach.
"Nine months of reading and studying the entire Bible brought into focus for me that the Bible is one complete book - not 66 small ones; each book weaving together the story of God and his love for his creation." Sherri from Montana.
SBS is not
- A school to teach people how to preach.
- A school to teach people how to teach (though there may be a few assignments that give the student an opportunity to teach)
- An outreach (though there may be some opportunities for sort outreaches during the school or after the school
- A theology course (though theology is learned in searching the scriptures).
SBS is concerned with the student grasping the content of the scriptures. We are a content course. The content is covered in the student's independent study and in class lectures.
If we get away from the above then we are not an SBS. If we start eliminating books and the student's independent study of the whole Bible then it is not an SBS. If we neglect content and the Inductive Method of Bible study then we are not staying true to what makes SBS unique.
"During my SBS the Bible came alive. I used to see the Bible as a string of verses but now I realize that each book was written for a purpose with an audience in mind dealing with specific situations. Everything now has more meaning." Ron from Montana