New Testament Commentaries
- Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary Set by Steven M. Baugh, Peter H. Davids, David E. Garland , and David W. J. Gill [Zondervan - August 1, 2002]
- A 3 book set that looks at the history and background of the New Testament complete with color photos.
- The IVP Bible Background Commentary: New Testament by Craig S. Keener [InterVarsity Press - February 1994]
- A verse by verse aid in providing the cultural background of what you are reading.
- Tyndale New Testament Commentaries by R. T. France, R. Alan Cole, Leon Morris, and Colin G. Kruse [IVP Academic - January 2007]
- Each volume covers themes and questions about each book and possible interpretations.
- New International Commentary on the New Testament (18 Volume Set) by Gordon D. Fee [Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Company - June 1984]
- An up-to-date exhaustive set offering helpful insight into the different books.
- The Gospel and Epistles of John by F. F Bruce [Eerdmans Pub. Co - 1994]
- A verse by verse look at the original text and it's relevance for today.
- Commentary on Romans (Luther Classic Commentaries) by Martin Luther and J. Theodore Mueller [Kregel Classics; 3 edition - May 20, 2003]
- Commentary on the Epistle to the Ephesians by Charles Hodge [Sovereign Grace Publishers Inc. - September 30, 2002]
- One hundred years after first published this book still provides solid insights into the book of Ephesians.
- First and Second Timothy and Titus: Interpretation, a Bible Commentary for Teaching and Preaching by Thomas C. Oden [J. Knox Press - November 1989]
- Based on concepts rather than verse by verse. Presents a compelling case for Pauline authorship.
- Hebrews: A Call To Commitment by William L. Lane [Regent College Publishing - February 1, 2004]
- A look at the Roman church; persecuted and close to denying their faith. Sounds familiar to today's church?
- More Than Conquerors: An Interpretation of the Book of Revelation by William Hendriksen [Baker Books - June 1, 1998]
- A useful book in understanding Revelation.
- Revelation: A Practical Commentary: Text and Interpretation by L. van Hartingsveld and John Vriend [Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Company - January 1985]
Last Updated on Monday, 14 April 2008 21:20